Request for Expressions of Interest - Consultant to draw on the EITI standard in the Republic of Congo to understand and anticipate government revenues and oil sales through financial modeling
This request for expressions of interest is closed.
The Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI), with the agreement of EITI’s National Committee in the Republic of Congo, is seeking a consultant to produce financial models, analyses and reports in French that will be the property of the Republic of Congo EITI National Committee and may be used for publication purposes. In line with EITI principles, the aim of this project is to progress the transparency agenda in the Republic of Congo through an analysis of past and future government revenues, using financial modeling, as well as mechanisms for valorizing oil production in the Republic of Congo.
The consultant must be a reputable company/one or more individual(s) with a proven reputation, perceived by the EITI International Secretariat to be credible, trustworthy, experienced and technically competent.
The consultant will need to possess the following competencies:
- Good knowledge of the extractive sector in the Republic of Congo
- Good knowledge of international consulting standards
- Strong demonstrable expertise in financial modeling in the petroleum sector
- No conflict of interest
- Experience of extractive sector transparency
- The selected firm must not be in any conflict of interest with the oil industry in the Republic of Congo.
A consultant will be selected following a quality- and cost-based selection procedure.
Consultants should submit in French:
- A Technical Proposal, outlining: (a) the experience of the firm / consultants, (b) the proposed methodology and work plan in response to the Terms of Reference (TORs) and (c) the key experts’ qualifications and competence. The Technical Proposal should not include any financial information. Technical proposals containing material financial information shall be declared non-responsive.
- A Financial Proposal, clearly indicating a lump sum financial proposal, inclusive of all costs associated with required travel and applicable taxes. The financial proposal should clearly differentiate fees from any other reimbursable expenses. The daily rate for the consultant fees should be clearly indicated. The Financial Proposal should be sent as a password protected PDF file. The passwords should not be sent. The passwords will be requested following the assessment of the technical proposals.
Proposals must be delivered by email to email@example.com by 3 May 2021.